I have to pretend I learned a little something from landscape architecture, so here it is. A Pedestrian Bridge connecting Millenium Park to Renzo Piano's Art Institute Museum addition is Landscape Architecture? You may ask. Well, it's circulation through a landscape scale space on the exterior ...
Did you know that Chicago's got some great gardens? Whenever I visited the Art Institute, it was always the Museum ... but it's flanked by some great gardens by none other than Laurie Olin on the North side (pictured here) :
and DAN KILEY on the South side pictured here:
Liz, if you still read this silly blog, this made me think of you. And because of that karma, I ran into none other than Andrew, Rory, and Adam from Tati back from their Tuesday morning ride.
And some more nice landscapes in Chicago. When I'm not hyperventilating while trying to beat my own personal time trial times at Northerly Island, I start to notice the great prairie grass array and wildflowers. I hear this park was designed by some bloke called Daniel Burnham. You hear of him?
No comments:
Post a Comment