10.17.2009

Solar Decathlon!!!

http://www.solardecathlon.org/

Illinois got 2nd !!! WHOA !!!

4 comments:

  1. yeah, they probably could have used you as it looks like they took lost some points to the Germans in architecture. Then again It may have been due to the fact that they wanted to keep a more traditional design to show that an efficient house doesn't need to look like a Mac g4 Cube

    ReplyDelete
  2. Illinois architecture likes their Midwestern vernacular barns. I hear they salvaged wood off of Cam's grandfather's barn for most of it, which is awesome for its recycled factor. I don't know that I would have designed it any differently :) If anything I would question the architectural design choice of the judges. Internationalist/Modern style, versus Vernacular? It's a loaded question I'm probably going to spend a lifetime answering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The architecture jury comments were actually mostly positive. They didn't have anything bad to say about the barn-look...the things they didn't like were some of the finishes. Especially the work bench area in the porch, they didn't like that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. why? What was the issue with the bench area?

    ReplyDelete