3.21.2010

Landscape Theory

Recently while the weather was still hovering the fine line between winter and spring, I had taken to reading landscape theory on the stationary bike at the gym. I had tried doing readings on elliptical before, and it just wasn't working out, but the bike is great. Stable, fairly good positioning (it's the spin class style stationary bike, not the ones with the huge cushy seats), and it's almost always free, because only cyclists would want to use it, and what sane cyclist would be indoors anyway?

This morning I had a tough decision to make. I hadn't ridden outside in months, and I haven't technically done the landscape theory readings yet ... but it's been beautiful outside for a full week and no time to ride. As I crested the first hill (the cyclists here call it the "good morning hill" because it wakes you up) and saw the treeline on the horizon, I thought, what need to read landscape theory when you can experience it?

Too bad it was only a 30 minute ride. No complaints though, it was just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment