Took the train up to the D.C./Alexandria/Annandale area for turkey day. I am staying with some old family friends who have kindly taken me in to feed me.
For the first few hours, I kept getting chased out of the kitchen whenever I tried to help with the kitchen - it was a fantastic ordered chaos (a fractal, perhaps) of which only Mrs. Lim (Does she go by Ku?) understood the masterplan. Then Mr. Lim, myself, Owen and Peter went out to the newly opened Shilla bakery where all the Korean/Americans and Koreans (fobs) go to hang out. Their illy coffee was surprisingly good. Great samples. (The eating commences...)
Sounds like Peter and Owen are doing well adjusting to their first semesters in u-grad. It's easier than high school so far, eh?
In terms of how much I ate for dinner ... all I can say is that my plate was more full than any of the other children's (yes, I am considered of the children), and I finished my plate.
Breakfast: gigantic ... a full spread of the leftovers from last night and "turkey soup" (boiled leftover turkey - tastes better than it sounds).
Today was the first time I ever tried shopping on Black Friday. Peter needed a new laptop because he dropped his, so he actually got in line around 4am at Best Buy, but Owen and the rest of us just wanted to check out the clothes at Tyson's (the mall around here). I may have gotten some things from H & M. And Aerosoles. Maybe.
Lunch: more food! Then H-Mart for as many Korean groceries as I could fit in my messenger (with the items I may or may not have bought from Tyson's), along with some ttuk (rice cake) and kimbap (Korean style maki rolls). Back home: More snacks!
Good grief, I need to ride at least 10 hours next week to burn off these 2 days worth of food ...
11.27.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Did you go to Tyson's Corner? That's such a good mall! :) I feel like I know about too many of the malls in/near Alexandria hehe.
ReplyDeleteHAHA omg you really do! Have you been there???
ReplyDeleteAs a friend of mine said yesterday: "I work out to eat." :)
ReplyDeleteIndeed. Ummm, I actually have no idea who you are, C?
ReplyDeleteC is my new artistic name. I like to change names, like Puff Diddy (aka Puff Daddy, P. Diddy, Diddy, Sean Puffy Combs, Sean John, Sean Combs). I'm cool like that.
ReplyDeleteFrancisco :)
watch out, you might turn into J !!!
ReplyDelete