
I know it looks pretty unremarkable without the mass of paper, half built models, pens and pencils everywhere, but trust me, that shall all come in time. It's kind of a bad location because it faces the pedestrian corridor that cuts across studio. However, my chair makes up for it:
It is a somewhat gladiatorial battle over the existing chairs in studio. Actually, it's quite civilized. If there's a name and a current year on the chair, it's taken. If not, it's up for grabs. I found this chair with the year "2009" written on it. Everyone was really surprised about it, and I think everyone assumed that someone must have already taken such an awesome chair.
And ... the studio space view from my desk. Note how open the space is. All grad students in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning, and Historic Preservation have studio space here, allowing much (literal) intercrossing of paths and dialogue exchange. It's part of the reason why I chose this school! Don't laugh, I'm not joking!
Looks like your bike helmet arrived the first. Conratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is going to be the only time to see your desk empty until the end of semester, isn't it? :)
ReplyDelete